15 of the Best Juice Recipes for Battling a Cold
Today I am going to outline a variety of different juices for those suffering with a common cold.
Never underestimate a common cold as it can develop into something worse.
Doctors regard this health issue as a slight viral infection of the throat, nose, upper airways and sinuses and usually clears up within a period of two weeks. Sneezing, sore throat, runny or blocked nose or cough are major symptoms but in more severe cases, you may experience fever, aching muscles and headache.
Although your general cold has no direct cure, over-the-counter medications can be used to prevent it from further complications most especially if it stays longer than a couple of weeks. On top of this, hydration by means of drinking lots of water and liquids is highly beneficial.
Foods to include and avoid in your diet to help combat a nasty cold
- Citrus fruits
- Dairy foods
- Chili peppers
- Caffeinated drinks
- Energy drinks
So with some of the fruits and vegetables mentioned above, we took time to list down some cold-fighting juices below for you to consider. These juices all have vitamin rich ingredients which should help anyone with a common cold.
15 Juices to Help Treat a Cold
1. Cold Ninja Juice
Nothing eases up a cold than a fresh blend of citrus fruits like lemons and oranges. You may choose to add Echinamide Anti-Viral for possible viral or fungal infection.
Yields 1 serving
- 3 oranges, remove rind but keep a small piece to put in
- ginger, 1inch piece
- 1/4 of a lemon(rind removed)
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- .5 ml Echinamide Anti-Viral *(optional)*Follow directions o label*
Juice all fruits including the small piece of orange rind. Stir in cayenne pepper, Echinamide & enjoy!
This recipe is from the-healthy-wife.com
2. Turmeric Cold and Flu Tonic
Turmeric contains various healing properties which makes it a potential flu remedy. Mix it with ginger root, honey, and Vitamin C rich fruits and you get a tangy flu and cold tonic.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 10 Minutes
- ¼ cup fresh ginger root or 1 Tbsp dried
- ¼ cup fresh turmeric root or 1 Tbsp dried
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 lemon, peeled
- Water, honey and ghee/coconut oil as needed.
Place all ingredients through your juicer. If using dry spices, juice the citrus and then add to a blender with ½ cup water and the dried spices and blend until smooth.
1. Mix 1oz of concentrated mix with 1 cup of hot water. Stir in raw honey, ghee or coconut oil.
2. Sip and repeat every 2 hrs.
This recipe is from meghantelpner.com
3. Ginger Lemon Cold and Flu Tonic
This tangy tonic is perfect for the flu season. Lemon juice, ginger and honey as its ingredients make up for one soothing drink.
- 3 cups (720ml) warm filtered water
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) raw local honey or alcohol-free liquid lemon-flavored stevia
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger, plus more to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Throw all ingredients into your blender and set on high for about 30 secs until everything is well combined.
- Sip and heal.
This recipe is from healthyblenderrecipes.com
Photo by Trent Lanz; styling by Alicia Buszczak
4. Super Sinus Juice
Relieve yourself from a stuffy nose with this perky drink. The powers of lemon, apple, and orange combined give you a fresh start each day.
- 1 large orange or minola, peeled
- 1/2 lemon, de-seeded and peeled
- 1 medium sweet or tart apple, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, skin removed
- cayenne spice
1. Wash all your ingredients. Peel orange and 1/2 lemon and remove the lemon seeds except for the orange seeds. Chop the apple into chunks to fit the juicer; you may include the entire apple. Chop ginger into small chunks.
2. Start juicing all the ingredients while stirring gently. Pour into serving glasses and garnish with cayenne.
This recipe is from kblog.lunchboxbunch.com
5. The Flu Buster Juice
Bust flu with a superb blend of lemon, ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper. It only takes a few minutes to whip it up.
Recipe type: Juices & Smoothies
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 - 4 garlic cloves
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- cayenne pepper
Juice lemon, garlic, and ginger and pour into a regular or shot glass. Dash with cayenne pepper and drink.
This recipe is from insonnetskitchen.com
6. Lemon, Ginger and Honey: All-Natural Remedy
This Lemon, ginger and honey combination makes an excellent body-soothing, immunity-boosting relief. What makes it more viable for busy people is this mixture can be cooled and kept for about a couple of months.
- 2 lemons (thoroughly cleaned)
- 2 piece of fresh ginger (about the size of your pointer and middle finger)
- Raw honey
- 12 oz mason jar
1. Slice lemons and ginger and place inside a mason jar in alternating fashion. Slowly pour honey over and allow the honey to sink down. Fill jar to the top with honey and seal tightly.
2. Store in the refrigerator. This makes it turn into a loose jelly. If you need a soothing tea, you can scoop 2-3 tbsps of whole pieces of lemon and ginger into a mugful of water, let it steep for 3-4 mins before you sip.
This recipe is simplegreensmoothies.com
7. Pink Power Pomegranate Citrus Energy Juice
- The seeds from one large pomegranate
- 2 grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh kale
This recipe is from helloglow.co
8. Healing Cleanse Smoothie
Stir up some fresh greens to create this healing cleanse wonder. With cilantro included on the list, you get a low-calorie drink perfect for any season.
- 1 Rib of Celery
- 1/4 Field Cucumber (this is the shorter cucumber without plastic wrap on it)
- 1 handful of Parsley
- 1 handful of Cilantro
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 thumb print size of ginger root
- 1-2 cups of water
Combine all ingredients. If you want to make it sweet, add 1/4 – 1/2 c of frozen or fresh Pineapple or Blueberries.
This recipe is from youngandraw.com
9. Turmeric Sunrise
Vitamin C and fiber-rich foods like lemons and celery play the lead role in this delectable drink. All you need is a little time to stir it up.
- Apples - 2 medium (3" dia) 364g
- Carrots - 3 medium 183g
- Celery - 3 stalk, large (11"-12" long) 192g
- Ginger Root - 1 thumb (1" dia) 24g
- Lemons (peeled) - 2 fruit (2-3/8" dia) 168g
- Pears - 2 medium 356g
- Turmeric Root - 6 thumb (1" dia) 144g
Process all these ingredients in a juicer. Stir or shake and serve.
This recipe is from juicerecipes.com
10. The Flu Shot Green Juice
This vegetable-fruit drink provides you with lots of fiber. Cucumbers contained in it helps you hydrated while aiding you on your weight loss goals.
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 medium sized apples
- 2 limes – skin removed (leaving the skin will make your juice very bitter)
- half a bunch of kale – usually about 6-7 leaves
- several sprigs of parsley
- 5 sprigs of mint
Run all your ingredients through a juicer and serve over ice and enjoy! This recipe makes roughly 32 oz depending on the size of the fruits and veggies you use. If you want lesser juice, cut the recipe in half.
This recipe is from lindawagner.net
11. Rainbow Juice
This colorful concoction creates a refreshing drink and quite a relief for a cold. The addition of Grapefruit juice makes it even tastier.
Serves: 4 - small servings
- 2 cups frozen cranberries (thawed)
- 5-6 small navel oranges
- 1 large pink grapefruit
- 1 small lime (peeled)
1. Wash and prepare all your vegetables and fruit prior to juicing.
2. Alternate ingredients while placing them on your juicer. Drink right away - repeat daily for at least 7 days.
This recipe is from fitlife.tv
12. Immune Power Veggie
Get more health benefits from immune-enhancing ginger and garlic. Throw in some artichokes, parsley and carrots to get tons of fiber too!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4-inch slice of ginger
- Handful of parsley
- 1 apple, cut into wedges
- 3 carrots
- 1 cup of Jerusalem artichokes (optional)
Place garlic and ginger in the middle of the parsley and feed into a juicer using the carrot. Alternately feed the remaining carrots, apple, and Jerusalem artichokes (if using) into the juicer.
This recipe is from care2.com
13. Ginger-Aid Juice
Spice up your day with this drink rich in fiber and anti-inflammatory properties. Kale can provide you with huge amounts of Vits. A, C and K.
(makes approximately 2 15 oz. juices)
- Kale, 1 bunch
- Parsley or cilantro, ½ bunch
- Green apple, cut and seeded
- Ginger, 2 inch piece
- Garlic, 1 clove peeled
- Lemon or lime, peeled
- Cucumber, 1 whole with ends removed
Blend all the ingredients in a juicer.
This recipe is from blog.freepeople.com
14. Cold Busting Orange Juice (gluten free and vegan)
Go vegan and gluten-free with this orange juice. It serves as an ideal cold-busting drink that’s rich in vitamin C and proven healing properties of ginger.
Author: Beard And Bonnet
Serves: Makes enough for 3-4 glasses
- 4 large Navel oranges, peeled and pith removed
- 3 large carrots, washed well
- 1 pineapple, peeled and core removed
- 2 quarter size rounds of ginger, unpeeled
Feed all of the ingredients through your juicer. Transfer into a large glass jar for storing. Shake well to combine. Serve.
This recipe is from beardandbonnet.com
15. Cold Buster Smoothie
This healthy green smoothie is contains a battery of Vitamin C-rich fruits proven effective in fighting a cold. Banana also provides you with 10% of potassium and that's good news!
Recipe type: drink
Prep time: 2 mins
Total time: 2 mins
Serves: 2 glasses of smoothie
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ orange with peel
- 3 baby carrots
- 1 banana
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ small apple
- ½ cup ice
Place the orange juice, spinach and other ingredients in a blender. Put the ice last. Blend until smooth. Drink up!
Try different fruits for a new combination.
This recipe is from ohsweetbasil.com
Stay hydrated with these recipes that provide you with a boost in energy and immunity. You can also learn to mix-match fruits and veggies to come up with your own refreshing drink.
If you think you have other juice recipes that has alleviated you from a cold, leave a comment below so we can share it with our readers.
GET OUR TOP 10 JUICE RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Some of our readers used these recipes to help them lose 15 lbs in 6 weeks...
- Our FREE Insider Juicing Secrets and Tips
- Learn the Benefits of Juicing and How it Can Prevent Chronic Diseases
- Receive 10 of Our Best Recipes for Weight Loss