Cabbage Juice Recipes
Cabbage has always been used as a traditional treatment for peptic ulcers, according to nutrition specialist Anne Louise Gittleman, perhaps because cabbage juice has numerous benefits such as being a rich source of the antioxidant sulforaphane which protects the gastrointestinal (GI) tract’s lining from Helicobacter pylori, a bacterium believed to cause peptic ulcers.
Given that, learning how to make cabbage juice is a decision you won’t regret making.
How To Make Cabbage Juice
Highly nutritious, readily available in red and green varieties, cabbage can be conveniently juiced using a good quality juicer in order to obtain all of its health benefits and nutritive values including vitamins B6 and C, potassium, iodine, chlorine, sulfur, and “vitamin U,” which is not actually a vitamin but a substance called S-Methylmethionine now used to treat health issues.
Given all that, cabbage juice should be a staple in your diet. Cabbage is cheap and can be stored for a relatively long period of time when refrigerated, thus should have it readily available to use when juicing.
Here is the step-by- step guide to make your very own cabbage juice:
- Select a cabbage with a firm head and crisp leaves for juicing.
- Your chosen cabbage should be free from blemishes, cracks, and bruises.
- A “limp” cabbage that shows signs of yellowing has its nutritional content on the decline as a result of being past that time of optimum ripeness.
- To juice your cabbage, cut one segment out of the vegetable’s head and chop this into tiny chunks or blocks that will fit down your juicer’s feeding chute.
- This vegetable will be juiced best with a masticating type of juicer, especially if you use cabbage regular for your juice and/or you are undergoing ulcer treatment.
- Wash the cabbage in warm water to ensure there are no traces of pesticides.
- Chop its stem off and then chop your cabbage in half.
- Slice this half wide enough to be able to fit through the feed chute of your juicer and that’s it; let your juicer do its job.
Tips and Tricks to Making Cabbage Juice
Use cut cabbage quickly as its vitamin C content can be lost rapidly.
Here are other tips and tricks to juicing cabbage:
- Always wash cabbage thoroughly and soak in saline water for a few minutes
- Use fresh Cabbage juice for best results.
- Don’t drink more than 4oz of cabbage juice at a time.
- Never store Cabbage juice in a refrigerator.
- Don’t add salt or sugar to cabbage juice, as it may reduce its effect.
- Juicing some carrots and apples with your cabbage can help make the resultant cabbage juice more palatable.
An affordable juicer that produces high quality juice and is easy to use. A little noisy though.
Omega Vrt350 HD
The best juicer on the market for juicing quality in our opinion. Powerful, quiet and very easy to use.
Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Pro
A great juicer if you are on a budget and want your juice extracted in less than a minute!
3 Cabbage Juice Recipes
See below 3 of our favorite cabbage juice recipes. Just follow the instructions and enjoy!
- cabbage soother
- Cabbage digestif
- Cabbage Cleanser
2 x White Cabbage Leaves
1 x Inch Ginger Root
1 x Small bunch of mint
1) Juice Cabbage leaves.
2) Juice the ginger and mint
3) Finish off by juicing the pineapple.
4 x Carrots
3 Large White Cabbage Leaves
1) Start by juicing the carrots.
2) Then juice the cabbage.
3) Finally juice the pineapple.
4) Pour over ice and enjoy!
If you would like to see more low calorie juice recipes, why not download our free healthy juice recipe e-book. Some of the recipes are truly fantastic!
GET OUR TOP 10 JUICE RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Some of our readers used these recipes to help them lose 15 lbs in 6 weeks...
- Our FREE Insider Juicing Secrets and Tips
- Learn the Benefits of Juicing and How it Can Prevent Chronic Diseases
- Receive 10 of Our Best Recipes for Weight Loss