If there is one thing that comes to mind when you think of winter, it's being tucked up near a fireplace, eating some of your favorite feel good (sometimes hot & greasy) foods with friends and family.
However winter can also be a time when you say to yourself "Hell no!! I'm not going to pound on the weight and totally forget about all the hard work I put in during the warmer months getting into shape!"
See: Our Ultimate Juice Cleanse Guide
If you are like me, I tend to linger on the fence on this. Part of me is happy to let go and just enjoy the winter months and worry about looking down at the scales in spring. But then the other part is shouting at me to maintain active and healthy, sticking to my routine which of course includes juicing!
So today I thought I would share with you 9 delicious winter juice recipes that are super easy to make and should keep you drinking healthily even through the cold months of winter:
9 Delicious Winter Juice Recipes
Juice #1: Winter Warming Parsnip Juice
Recipe By: Juie Morris. Image By: Trent Lanz
- 4 Parsnips
- 2 Fuji Apples
- 1-inch piece ginger root
- 1tsp organic turmeric powder
- Pinch of McCormick's Ground nutmeg, for garnish
Place all the ingredients through your juicer, and strain with a fine mesh sieve. Pour into glass and top with nutmeg.
1. Name of Juice
Add intro to juice here....
This is where you add directions/method.
This recipe is from...
Juice #2: Healing Warm Ginger, Beets, Apple, Orange & Lime Juice
Recipe By: VeggieBlackboard
- 1 Beetroot
- 1/2 Fresh Fennel
- 1/2 squeezed lime
- 1 nubbin of ginger
- 2 Apples
- 1 Orange
Place all the ingredients through your juicer, mixing up between the fruit and the vegetables. Pour into glass with ice.
Juice #3: Vegetable Magnetism Cleansing Juice
Recipe By: HealthyBlenderRecipes.com Image By: Trent Lanz
- 4 Carrots (scrubbed)
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 1/2 English Cucumber
- 1/2 inch piece ginger root
- Dash of ground cinnamon
Place all the ingredients through your juicer. Pour into glass with ice.
Juice #4: Superfoods Juice
Recipe By: Positivemed.com
- 1 Handful of Spinach
- 1 Handful of Kale
- 1 Banana
- 1 Handful of Berries
- Ginger Root
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Matcha Tea Powder
- Pomegranate Seeds (Half a pomegranate)
Place all the ingredients through a blender. Pour into glass.
Juice #5: Citrus Beet Power Winter Juice
Recipe By: GastroSenses.com
- 3 Beets
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 2 Grapefruits
- 2 Blood Oranges
- 1 Tbsp lemongrass (minced)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tsp honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
Place all the ingredients through a juicer except for the lemon and honey. Squeeze the lemon in a separate glass and stir in the honey. Then add the honey lemon juice to the other glass with all the other squeezed ingredients.
Juice #6: Winter Juice For Your Soul
Recipe By: LadyMoonFarms.com
- 1/2 Stalk Fennel
- 1 Apple
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Beet
- 1 Green or Red Pepper
- 1/2 Jalapeno peppers
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Handful of Kale
- 1 Inch Fresh Ginger Root
Place all the ingredients through a juicer and pour over ice in a glass.
Juice #7: Winter Boost Juice
Recipe By: Andie.ro
- 4 Oranges
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Mango
- 1 Handful of Baby Spinach
- 1 tsp Frontier Natural Ground Cinnamon
1. Peel all fruits and veggies. Wash well, then juice them all, with the exception of the ginger.
2. Juice ginger separately and use the resulting juice moderately, by adding it to your glass according to your taste. It can be spicy!
3. If you want, you can add a pinch of ground cinnamon or all spice for flavor.
Juice #8: Apple Elderflower & Pomegranate
Recipe By: Kitchensanctuary.com
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- 1/2 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 1 sweet apple
- 300ml hot jasmine tea
1. Place your pomegranate seeds, elderflower cordial and apple in your smoothie maker. Add in a splash of cold water and a splash of the Jasmine tea (see warning above about hot liquids and smoothie makers).
2. Blend on high for a minute or two until everything is completely incorporated.
3. Pour your your smoothie into a cup and mix in the remaining Jasmine tea.
Juice #9: Malty Coconut Hot Smoothie
Recipe By: Kitchensanctuary.com
- 250ml hazelnut milk
- 25g fresh coconut
- 1tbsp cocoa
- 10g liquid rice malt syrup
- 1sp Healthworks Raw Maca powder
- 0.7floz cold water
- 1/2 tsp coconut, grated
1. Heat up the hazelnut milk on the stove or the microwave
2. Add the other ingredients and a 1/5 of the hazelnut milk intoyour blender. Add a dash of cold water if you think the liquid is too warm.
3. Blend on high for a about a minute until all the coconut milk has been completely mixed in.
4. Heat the rest of the coconut milk on the stove or microwave so it's hot but certainly not boiling.
5. Pour the blended coconut mix into a cup, mix in the hazelnut milk and serve, sprinkled with the grated coconut
So there you have it, 9 delicious juices to drink over the winter period.
Okay, okay I confess, juice #9 certainly can't be placed in the "healthy" category, however I couldn't resist adding in a bit of a naughty one on the list.
Give these juices a go and let me know how you go. Which juice do you like the most? And do you have other juice recipes that you like making during winter? Let me know by getting in contact with me and I may add it on this list.
GET OUR TOP 10 JUICE RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Some of our readers used these recipes to help them lose 15 lbs in 6 weeks...
- Our FREE Insider Juicing Secrets and Tips
- Learn the Benefits of Juicing and How it Can Prevent Chronic Diseases
- Receive 10 of Our Best Recipes for Weight Loss