You may not know it but you may already be suffering from anemia. So, what is this condition all about and why can juices help alleviate it?
Anemia is considered as a medical condition wherein red blood cells, when counted, appear less than normal. The standard hemoglobin levels vary in men and women. Signs like getting tired easily, paleness, palpitations, shortness of breath and even hair loss are just among the many symptoms you might encounter if your red blood cells fall way beyond the normal level.
Foods rich in iron and Vitamin B12 can ease you up if you have this medical condition and juicing may also prove beneficial besides seeking medical attention.
Foods to include and avoid in your diet to help combat anemia
- Green leafy vegetables
- Black or Green Tea
- Red Wine
- Gluten-rich foods
Below I have compiled 7 specific juice recipes for anemia sufferers. The ingredients used in each of these juices should help those that are currently battling with the issue.
7 Juices to Help Treat Anemia
1. Banana Almond Soymilk Smoothie
Soymilk is so far the best option to use for this particular smoothie most especially to people who are lactose-intolerant or not even a fan of milk. Throw in bananas and almonds to B-complex- rich soymilk and what you get is an instant perk up!
- 3 bananas
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 2 tsp. finely chopped raw almonds
- 1 1/2 tbsp. agave syrup
Peel and slice bananas. Mix with ½ of the soy milk and blend.
Add remaining soy milk, almonds and agave syrup.
Blend for another 15 seconds.
This recipe is from morejuicepress.com
2. Iron-Rich Green Smoothie
This concoction may not be as thick as a smoothie should be but it is an honest to goodness drink that is laden with iron-rich ingredients. What makes it even more attractive to the palate is the “conservative” addition of molasses.
- 2 cup packed spinach
- 1 cup packed kale
- 2 heaping cups chopped watermelon
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp blackstrap molasses
Throw all the ingredients in a blender and enjoy!
This recipe is from pumpsandiron.com
3. Parsley Juice
Parlsey + lemon juice is a fantastic way to stay fit. Just be sure you drink this iron-rich blend 30 mins before eating your next meal!
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green apple or orange
- ½ lemon
Wash your ingredients well and put them through your juicer. They are best extracted using a masticating juicer. If using a blender, add one cup of almond milk (or water) for ease of blending.
This recipe is from steptohealth.com
4. Juice for anemia with beets, carrots and oranges
Carrots, beets and oranges are great sources of iron. These foods combined and made into a drink may help raise your hemoglobin levels.
- 1 beet
- 1 carrot
- 6 oranges
To make it, wash, peel and chop the 6 oranges and add the carrot and beets and juice them in a blender or with a mixer. Then, put the juice in the refrigerator to chill it.
This recipe is from health.onehowto.com
5. Apple Grape Banana Chia Kale Smoothie
This vitamin-C rich drink is something to look forward to every day. Fiber and antioxidants found in Grapes, Cucumbers, Spinach and Kiwifruits can be beneficial to your health.
- 1 small Cucumber
- half cup of Grapes ( Red or White )
- half a cup of fresh Spinach
- 2 Kiwifruits
- half a glass of water
Mix all ingredients into a blender or a juicer until mixture is turned into a smooth liquid. Drink only fresh on an empty stomach.
This recipe is from secretlyhealthy.com
6. Purple Anemia Fighting Juice
Carrots may not only be the best on this list. Red Cabbage, Lemons, Apples as well as Canteloupe Melon are said to help increase red blood cells.
- 2 Carrots (300g | 2½ Cups)
- ½ Red Cabbage (490g | 5½ Cups)
- ½ Lemon (50g | ¼ Cup)
- 1 Small Red Apple (60g | 1 Cup)
- ¼ Canteloupe Melon (200g | 1½ Cups)
- Peel carrots if not organic, cut off ends and chop into sizeable chunks for juicer.
- Chop apple into sizeable chunks for juicer. Leave skin on. Do not juice apple seeds or core.
- Chop lemon into sizeable chunks for juicer. Leave skin on. Do not juice seeds.
- Scoop melon out of hard skin and chop sizeable chunks for juicer.
- Chop cabbage into sizeable chunks for juicer.
- Juice all produce. Drink immediately.
This recipe is from juicingcollection.com
7. Strawberry-Pineapple-Mint Juice Recipe
This refreshing blend is perfect to drink anytime. Place strawberries, pear, pineapple and peppermint in a blender to get all the nutrients needed for your daily grind.
- 1 pear
- 15 leaves of peppermint
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 a lime
Process all ingredients through a juicer. Try to bunch the mint leaves into a tight ball and process them between the pear and the pineapple. Shake or stir and serve over ice.
The recipe is from juicerecipespro.com
All the recipes above have energy rich ingredients in them that can help those that are currently struggling with anemia.
Do you have other recipes or ideas you have tried before? Add a comment below so we can hear your thoughts!
GET OUR TOP 10 JUICE RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Some of our readers used these recipes to help them lose 15 lbs in 6 weeks...
- Our FREE Insider Juicing Secrets and Tips
- Learn the Benefits of Juicing and How it Can Prevent Chronic Diseases
- Receive 10 of Our Best Recipes for Weight Loss